Monday, July 9, 2012

Week 5: Halfway There!

This week I worked only on Thursday and Friday because the 4th of July was on Wednesday. Monday I got a free lunch at the Folklife festival for the Smithsonian staff picnic. I also bought Mayan made earrings and a Tibetan skull bracelet for only $6!

Wednesday I went to the Folklife festival with Derek (my boyfriend). For more information go here: http://www.festival.si.edu/ . It was a great event but it was so hot outside! I saw the AIDS quilt and the many booths/tents set up by colleges and universities across the U.S. They displayed a variety of topics from green houses and sustainability, traditional medicines, dairy farming, and fossils, to robotic technology, digitization, and aerial mapping. Then we went to see the concert and fireworks at the Capital.

Thursday and Friday 7/5 and 7/6
I started out Thursday by updating the sites from last week. Some of the sites for a few records needed a little more research since there was a discrepancy in the database as to where the specimens were actually found. I also completed over my usual number of records for the day. I got around 40 records completed on Thursday! Charging through this stuff at light speed....haha, I wish.

Friday, I completed a little over 40 records. I sent a very long list of site questions to Pat the Site Master for more explanation or just asking for recommendations on the best site to use. I also added the completed records to the group I created on the database to be checked later. This marks the halfway point in the internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment